Sales training involves a lot of techniques. One of the best ways to introduce the practical and new skills in your sales team is to provide them with a role playing scenario.
This technique is also used in leadership training and helps salespeople handle complex situations.
If you wish to provide sales training to your sales people, make sure the program has the following 7 sales role play scenarios.
1) Play Scenario 1: Discovery
- For every business, whether small or large, B2B or B2C, new or old, one thing is essential. It is making the first ever real connection with the prospect.
- The first point of contact determines the whole sales cycle. Hence, it is important that your sales staff learn this through sales training.
- The benefit of the Discovery role playing scenario is that it helps your sales reps in identifying the problems of buyers.
- To make this scenario work, you have to make your sales reps work as sales people and the leader as the customer. Now, you should also inform your sales reps about the basic demographic details of the customer.
- Lastly, the sales reps now have to find as much information as possible and find the ideal solution for their clients’ problems.
2) Play Scenario 2: Elevator Pitch
- After discovering the problems of the clients, it’s important for sales reps to grab the attention of their clients.
- This can be done through Elevator Pitch Deck. However, the sales reps have only a few seconds to do so. Hence, the elevator pitch deck needs to be practiced a lot.
- But the catch is practice here is not boring. Rather, sales reps need to get creative and find new ways to describe their product or service within a few words.
- To practise this role playing scenario, your sales rep should make a pitch that they practised multiple times and then deliver it online or in-person. The manager will then provide feedback at last. You can also hire a sales trainer to provide more valuable feedback and ideas for sales reps.
3) Play Scenario 3: Remote Selling
- Remote Selling is the need of the hour. Without a doubt it is here to stay.
- Hence, your sales team should do the following:
- Practice Remote Selling Conversations.
- Use online tools and understand their features.
- Boost the body language while interacting online.
- Practice Techniques which make them more confident and reliable online.
- Inculcate empathy towards clients.
- To practise this kind of sales training company, ask your team to be in a zoom call meeting with a sales trainer. Tell them about metrics on which they will be evaluated and provide feedback at last.
4) Play Scenario 4: Giving Product Demo
- Product demo is the most crucial stage where the client decides to buy a product or not.
- If your product demo game is strong, the client will not take any further time and quickly pay for it.
Here, your sales reps should know all about the product, even the minor details.
- Leadership Training along with sales training is essential to give the right product demo. It is essential that in this play scenario the sales reps play role scenario only with experienced persons who ask the complex questions related to the product.
- To practise this role playing scenario, the sales reps must be made aware about the keywords, benefits of products, confidence, product minute details etc.
5)Play Scenario 5: Objection Handling
- It is well known that in every sales process, there is an objection stage. Here, the prospect may raise objections before and even after paying for the product or service.
- Therefore, an Objection handling role playing scenario is the right stage to open the new ideas and creativity of sales reps. In fact, it helps the salespeople to learn from senior leaders on how they handle objections and confidently dodge the bullets fired at them through objections.
- To practise this scenario in sales training, the sales reps must talk with the seniors and they must pose serious questions that challenge the ideology that their product is the best.
- Sales reps must be taught empathy and techniques to handle the objections effectively.
6) Play Scenario 6: Negotiation Skills
- Good sales representatives are talented at negotiating. You can help your sales team improve their negotiation skills by setting up role-playing exercises that simulate different scenarios such as:
- Buyers asking for a lower price because of competitor pricing or budget constraints.
- Buyers asking for additional features at the standard price.
- Buyers requesting an extension of the free trial period for the product.
- Buyers requesting delivery within an unrealistic time frame.
- Buyers requesting changes to your terms and conditions or purchase policies.
- These exercises can help your sales team become more confident and effective negotiators, which can ultimately lead to more successful sales outcomes.
7) Play Scenario 7: Let go off a Client
Breaking up with a client can be tough, especially when it means losing out on potential commission. It’s important to prepare your sales team for this scenario so they can handle it with confidence and grace.
sales training program Role-playing exercises that simulate prospect breakups should be a part of your . These exercises can help your team navigate difficult conversations with clients and potentially open doors for future opportunities.
To conduct a role-play exercise, schedule a virtual call with each sales rep individually. Present a scenario where they must inform the client that:
- They cannot fulfil a certain request the client has made.
- It’s not within the scope of your business to help the client overcome a certain challenge.
- After each role-play session, evaluate the sales rep’s performance based on their politeness, confidence, and positive attitude. Provide coaching and feedback to help them improve.
By practicing these scenarios with a reputed sales training company, your sales team will be better equipped to handle difficult conversations and maintain positive relationships with clients, even in situations where the client decides to move on.
In conclusion, sales training is a crucial part of any successful business, and role-playing scenarios can be an effective way to introduce new skills to your sales team.
The seven role-playing scenarios outlined in this content provide a comprehensive framework for training your sales reps on key skills, such as discovering client problems, delivering effective elevator pitches, selling remotely, giving product demos, handling objections, negotiating, and managing difficult client conversations.
Incorporating these scenarios into your sales training program, you can help your sales team become more confident and effective, ultimately leading to better sales outcomes and improved relationships with clients.